Sunday, January 6, 2013

Radio Oromiya e-letter

Recently I contacted the Ethiopian station Radio Oromiya regarding my reception of their programs on 6030 kHz. I received a kind and prompt reply from Mr.Dargie:

Dear Georgi,
Thank you very much for your e-mail.
I am pleased to hear the reception of our signal on shortwave 6030KHz that far from Bulgaria. I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed our music and program show.
From the information you have sent me I can confirm that the signal you received is Radio Oromiya that broadcast from Ethiopia. Radio Oromiya broadcast its programs in Oromo Language. (Oromo is the major ethnic group in Ethiopia with population of more than 30 million.) Our programs contents are news and music and other educational and entertainment programs.
Thank you once again for taking time to write to us.

Best regards,
Habtamu Dargie
Radio Oromiya
Engineering Head

No comments:

Post a Comment